"Go Into All The World..."

Saturday, November 11, 2017

"Daisy"

One of my publisher's favorite stories from Frontier Stories, and definitely one of the most heartwarming, is the chapter called, "How the Bird won the Race." This chapter is a loving tribute to the birth of my great grandfather's daughter, and my late aunt, Daisy. Daisy was born under unique circumstances, and went on to hold a very high place in the Presbyterian church, when women were still testing the limits of equal rights.

According to a 1930's newspaper article I found recently about my aunt Daisy's life and work in the Presbytery, she had a relentless passion for foreign missions. She also inspired many hundreds of women here in the US to do more for the poor around the world.

Read Daisy's story and much, much more in Frontier Stories, now available for immediate purchase!

Best,
Andy

From a Page in Frontier Stories

No comments:

Post a Comment