"Go Into All The World..."

Thursday, December 21, 2017

A New Description on Amazon and eBay

A book almost of prophesy with deep spiritual undertones.  Perhaps I should have written that in a recent description for Amazon listing 'A Visit to Mars'.  Regardless, I thought the Amazon book synopsis should be freshened-up, so I composed the following.  The book is so complex, yet straight-forward in many ways.  Let me know if this new Amazon description is adequate.  thanks, Andy

“A Visit to Mars” was last published in 1902 by my great grandfather Rev. G.V. Albertson who wrote this unique and remarkable tale describing a “regenerated world” found on Mars, complete with futuristic ideas and inventions. Like the sci fi author Jules Verne, my great grandfather describes inventions decades before they appeared. It is also a truly moving Christian story that will be enjoyed by persons young and old, and can be an inspiration to us all. Only a handful of the original books exist, most of them in the hands of family members. I am now republishing this lost work keeping all the chapters intact and even retaining the incredible original cover from 1902 showing what appears to be an aircraft from today!

In the appendix I outline many futuristic inventions that the earth visitor found on Mars – items like “airboats”……helicopters……powerful telescopes that catch sound……MRI machines……..solar panels…….artificial lighting that turned “night into day”…..and even the Internet! What else would you call “vast columns of reading” flashed in dark Martian skies for all to read including beings on other planets? Even “a sermon from their greatest minister” was displayed for the entire universe to see.

 My great grandfather had an imagination unusual for his time. He envisioned a world that reconciled with God early in its history thereby benefiting its people with so many spiritual and materialistic blessings. The many spiritual nuggets tucked in these pages will thrill the Christian of today. Rev. Albertson was a frontier missionary to the “wild west” starting in 1890 and I have republished another book he wrote in 1935 describing his “life and labors” with thrilling and true stories of his pioneer adventures. In all he began over 250 Sunday Schools in the territories of Oklahoma and Kansas during a 40 year ministry. I just want to share with the world the heart of my relative because I know you will be blessed. This second book is called “Frontier Stories” and is also available on Amazon. Andrew G. Shaffer

No comments:

Post a Comment