"Go Into All The World..."

Wednesday, January 24, 2018

REVIEW: "I Never Got Bored With It"

How about a couple reviews now that 'Frontier Stories' has been out there awhile!

Fran E. of GA from my Sunday School class told me the other day - "Andy, I am lovin' your great grandfather's book - I am sure enjoying reading it."

Wow, thanks Fran, I hope you enjoy it right to the end.

Dave S. of VA told me "I never got bored with it."  He went on to praise the concise writing style and even said "You didn't have a chance to get bored with anything."  He said he and his wife would pick out 'Frontier Stories' or 'A Visit to Mars' which they are finishing now- during their designated reading times.

Another reader Tom B. from KS wrote me an email awhile back - in describing the author - "His courage and strength as a human being, guided by faith is breathtaking.  As I read each of his exploits, I found myself wanting to walk or ride beside him to experience the events first hand.  And I would bet he would be happy with that outcome, that the reader would feel moved to walk by his side in their hearts and begin their own faith-guided journey."

Wow again!  Tom B. from KS does NOT have a religious background at all, but told me his "hobby" was reading books and ranked this one high on his list.

More reviews coming - SEND ME YOUR REVIEWS, PLEASE or write them in the COMMENTS to this or any other post - and include your thoughts on 'A Visit to Mars', my great grandfather's other (but very different) book.   

Blessings,
Andy

1 comment:

  1. I am very thankful that these books were republished as I found both books to be very interesting in different ways.

    Frontier Stories made the Wild West come alive, experiencing almost first-hand the adventures of G.V. Albertson, as he endured many hardships while on mission to share God's message of love with others.

    A Visit to Mars was not only exceptional in envisioning a futuristic way of life, but also a way of life that is blessed as a result of people honoring God. The book begs the question: How might such a spiritual revival, as experienced fictionally on Mars, come about on Earth? I believe the answer is found in God’s word in 2 Chronicles 7:14. Imagine the possibility……

    Roy

    ReplyDelete